After finally making the settlement, there’s no doubt that you’re going to want to sleep over the first night at your new spot. Sometimes, there’s no other option than to put together some makeshift beds on the floor, especially if you’re making a long-distance move. But even if you’re moving locally, you still might want to bless the new home with your presence right off the bat. That might consist of having a few drinks, scarfing down some pizza and sleeping on the ground after the exhausting journey, but these are the moments that you’ll remember forever! There’s nothing like grindin’ it out and living the simple life for a few days before the place starts coming together. To ensure some extra comfort on your first night at the new address, consider the tips outlined below:
- Designate a “first night box” that will be loaded last in the moving truck or simply taken with you in your own vehicle. This will allow you to have easy access to the especially important items that you’ll need. While a company specializing in moving & storage near Northampton County, PA transports the bulk of your belongings, make sure that you have the necessities close at hand, in one place.
- Cleaning and maintenance items like rags, scrubbers, sponges, cleaners, gloves, bleach, soap, and trash bags, will help you to perform an adequate cleaning on the day you move in.
- Toolbox standards like a hammer, screwdriver, pliers, drill, and screws & nails, will enable you to make any urgent household repairs and hang particular items such as pictures, mirrors and shelving.
- Remember to bring light bulbs and flashlights just in case the electricity isn’t turned on or if there aren’t enough lighting fixtures in each room.
- Bring some premade meals and snacks so that you don’t have to eat out the entire first week. Cooking up a couple of meals and putting them in a small cooler will certainly prove to be clutch. Also, make sure to toss in snacks that are high in protein and water bottles to keep you hydrated. Granola bars, beef jerky, trail mix, fruit and healthy chips are all examples of snacks that’ll help to keep you going while moving everything inside.
- Paper plates, disposable cups, napkins and cutlery will eliminate the possibility of having to locate boxes with dishes and utensils. You’ll be able eat without making a mess and throw everything away so that you don’t have to worry about washing the dishes.
- You’ll be sorry if you forget personal hygiene necessities like toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, soap, body wash, a toothbrush, hairbrush and comb. Considering the amount of work that you’re going to be doing in order to customize the new home to your liking, it would really stink if these items were buried deep inside one of the boxes in the moving truck.
- Enhance your overall comfort by throwing in a couple of other essential comfort items like toilet paper, clean bed sheets, pillows, towels, a clean shower curtain and first aid kit.
Consider the tips mentioned above, along with your personalized needs and the situation as a whole, to make sure that you have everything you might need within reach those first few nights. When you have everything handled on your end, rely on a reputable company specializing in services relating to moving & storage in Lehigh County, PA to handle the rest.