If you’re planning to move, you might be noticing that you have more to pack than you originally anticipated. Our movers in Scranton, PA see it time and time again; movers packing more than they need and getting stressed out in the process. Before you throw everything in boxes in anticipation of your new home, throw out these five things and enjoy a more simplified time unpacking.
- Old books.Behind furniture, one of the heaviest things to pack up and move are piles of books. When packing, donate old books to charity and go digital, nearly every book is available in e-form. Your back will thank you when it comes time to unpack.
- Baby toys.While you might already have a moving company in Scranton to help you haul to your new home, keep in mind that everything you bring along will need to be stored. Toys that your children don’t play with anymore are a waste of space and are better off repurposed through donation.
- Stained clothing.When you’re packing, examine every piece of clothing for stains and holes before deciding to bring them along. While clothes that don’t fit anymore can be donated, clothing with rips or stains is better off being thrown away.
- Old cosmetics.Check the expiration dates on all creams, cosmetics and lotions before packing them away. Every product has a different date of expiration, while powder blushes and bronzers can stay good for up to two years. Mascara can accumulate dangerous bacteria after only three months. Save time and money when moving by getting rid of old bathroom toiletries.
- Unwanted media. DVDs and video games are fun, but if you aren’t interested in parts of your collection any longer, you can sell them for some cash. Sites like eBay, half.com, and Amazon let you unload old media while making some extra money, so your boxes will be lighter and your wallet a little heavier.
If you wish to learn about more helpful tips or hire our trusted moving company, we encourage you to contact us today.