Moving is a hectic process, but if you don’t prepare properly, it can be more chaotic than you could have ever imagined. Eliminate stress and make your move a success by considering the following tips:
- Organize. Planning ahead is essential for having an organized, predictable moving experience; otherwise, something is bound to fall through the cracks and eventually disturb the process. Before packing up the first box, develop a system for keeping all records relating to the move. In addition, buy plenty of boxes and other packing supplies, like bubble wrap, wrapping paper, tape and especially labels. Like some moving companies in Scranton, PA and surrounding areas, AAA Moving & Storage Co., can even do the packing for you!
- Don’t procrastinate packing. If you make the mistake of waiting until the weekend before move-in day, you’ll be stressed out and overwhelmed; it’ll exhaust you and suck any excitement directly out of the transition. During the weeks leading up to the move, you should chip away at the packing one room at a time; eventually, everything except everyday essentials will be all packed up. This way, you can relax and take care of some miscellaneous tasks a few days before the moving truck arrives.
- Involve the kids. Moving is a perfect time to sort through your kids’ clothing and toys to figure out which items you can finally get rid of. Encourage them to sort through their rooms and find things that they can donate to other children in need. You can even have them go through other rooms and identify items that you haven’t used in a while and might no longer have a purpose for anymore. To ignite some excitement, work together with them to plan the design of their new rooms. And don’t forget to give them a chance to say goodbye to all their friends at a “See You Again Soon Party.
- Set plans for pets. Once the big day arrives, put cats and other small pets in their carriers. You should probably put big dogs in a bedroom, fenced in area or ask a neighbor watch them. Also, don’t forget to bring a separate bag along with you that’s full of their food, medications, plenty of water, treats, toys and current health certifications. It’s also smart to add temporary ID tags on their collars with the address of your new home.
- Patience. This is the most important aspect of a successful move. As long as you’ve put together a well thought out plan, as well given yourself enough time to organize and pack, you should be able to stay cool and keep your composure. Do everything on your end to prepare for the big day, and leave the rest to AAA Moving & Storage Co.–your preferred mover in Lackawanna County, PA or anywhere else in Northeast Pennsylvania.
- Register for the CityPointe® program. When you hire a real estate agent through the CityPointe® referral program and move with Mayflower, you’ll be eligible to receive approximately $5 per $1,000 on your home sale or purchase price. In addition, you’ll have access to online resources that provide you with information about schools, neighborhoods, climate, the average price of homes, and the average commute to work. You can also easily find temporary housing, as well as businesses and resources to help make your move as seamless as possible!
Take some time to plan everything out well before the move, so everything doesn’t hit you all at once! A plan is always essential for a successful move!
Do you need to get a touch with a professional moving company? Contact AAA moving & Storage Co. by calling 844-565-MOVE (6683) or by filling out a contact form on their website today.